Mode of Action.
In the CurodontTM Protect tooth gel, the Oligo-Peptide 103 technology is present as a biomimetic matrix enriched with calcium, phosphate, and fluoride. Thanks to the peptide’s high affinity to hydroxyapatite, it adheres to the tooth surface and creates a stable and protective layer. This mineral-rich peptide layer:
- Shields enamel from demineralization due to acids, defending it against caries and erosion
- Attracts ions from the saliva, promoting the formation of new hydroxyapatite crystals, which strengthen the tooth by reinforcing natural enamel
- Gives teeth a noticeable smoother and shinier surface that helps resist plaque deposition and stain formation1
HOW TO APPLY AT HOME
1. Apply Curodont Protect using a finger over all teeth surfaces.
2. Wait for 1-2 minutes.
3. Spit out the remnants, if needed. Rinsing immediately after application is not advised.
Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Aqua, Hydrated Silica, PEG-8, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Aroma, Sodium Saccharin, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Oligopeptide-104, Calcium Glycerophosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Limonene, Cinnamal, CI 42090.
– Perfect for dentists and dental clinics who want to introduce protective products for health-conscious patients
– The smooth acid-resisting protective layer is the ideal completion of a professional tooth cleaning treatment
– Ideal as aftercare to bleaching
Scientific & Clinical Evidence
- CurodontTM Protect restores the microhardness of enamel significantly better than other enamel remineralizing agents, including fluoride varnish (FV), bioactive glass (BAG), and casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate fluoride (CPP-ACPF).3
- CurodontTM Protect demonstrates a significant clinical benefit in the protection of teeth from caries and impeding the progress of initial demineralization of enamel, especially in high-risk caries patients, such as those undergoing fixed orthodontic treatment.2