La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+M is ideal for skin with feelings of discomfort and itching such as very dry skin and skin that suffers from atopic dermatitis. Suitable for the whole family, from babies to the elderly, it seeks to improve the quality of life. Atopic dermatitis is a chronic condition that tends to flare periodically. It is normally characterized by dryness, redness, and itching due to a compromised skin barrier. One of the most frequent issues of the skin that suffers from atopic dermatitis is that this skin has a favorable environment for the colonization and proliferation of Staphylococcus aureus. The proliferation of this bacteria contributes to an additional skin barrier dysfunction which may aggravate the symptoms and prevent their resolution.
It was discovered that Staphylococcus aureus creates a biofilm when adhering to the skin. This biofilm, working as a shield, helps to protect the bacteria. In order to prevent the first step of the biofilm formation La Roche-Posay enhanced the La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+ formula. By adding Microrésyl to it, it can do exactly that. This ingredient has the ability to prevent the first step of biofilm formation. In synergy with Aqua Posae Filiformis, it limits the overproliferation of Staphylococcus aureus and helps reduce the frequency of flare-ups.
This cream has a unique formula that also contains La Roche Posay Thermal Water, Niacinamide and Shea Butter. It has the ability to deeply nourish the skin, restore the damaged skin barrier, provide immediate relief reducing both discomfort and itching and reduce the frequency of flare-ups. In a clinical study, 64% of the individuals showed a reduction in the sensation of pain and 41% in the intensity of itchiness. With a pleasant velvet texture that is non-greasy and non-sticky, it is perfect to provide comfort to your skin.
- Texture: cream;
- Skin issues: atopic dermatitis, dehydration, dryness, discomfort, itching;
- Time of application: once a day;
- Age: 3+ months;
- Skin type: dry to very dry skin, including sensitive;
- Main benefits: deeply nourishes the skin, helps restore the damaged skin barrier, provides immediate relief reducing itching and comforting the skin, helps reduce the frequency of flare-ups, dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic formula;
- Formulated without: alcohol, fragrance, parabens.
- Aqua Posae Filiformis is a probiotic that helps limit the overproliferation of Staphylococcus aureus;
- La Roche Posay Thermal Water, with antioxidant and prebiotic properties, helps rebalance the microbiome and reduce irritation, soothing the skin;
- Microrésyl is a natural active ingredient obtained from the roots of Ophiopogon japonicus. It has the ability to prevent the first step of biofilm formation, limiting the overproliferation of Staphylococcus aureus. This helps rebalance the microbiome and reinforce the anti-relapse action;
- Niacinamide increases ceramide synthesis and has anti-inflammatory properties. This leads to better skin hydration and healthier skin barrier thus helping reduce itching and discomfort.
- Shea Butter not only deeply nourishes but also helps regenerate and soothe providing comfort to the skin.
How to use
Apply La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+M once a day, onto cleansed skin of both face and body, with a gentle massage. For better results clean your skin with La Roche-Posay Lipikar Syndet AP+ or La Roche-Posay Lipikar AP+ Cleansing Oil and apply during the day, whenever necessary, La Roche-Posay Lipikar AP+ Stick to calm the feeling of itching.