Magnesium is an essential nutrient necessary for the optimal functioning of the nervous system, muscle function, strong bones, and strong teeth. Magnesium citrate is a form of magnesium that is bound to a citrate molecule which makes it much easier to be absorbed by the body. This makes Magnesium Citrate a preferred variation of magnesium supplementation providing higher bioavailability. The Magnesium mineral is also important for other functions in the body such as contributing to normal energy-yielding metabolism, protein synthesis, and to electrolyte balance.
Magnesium also encourages relaxation and restful sleep. When its levels are low, muscles (including brain, heart, stomach, colon and uterus) tend to contract too much causing spasms and cramps. It may also help to relax muscles. Increased intake of Magnesium is also recommended for those who are on Vitamin D supplements.
Magnesium competes with calcium for absorption, some phytates (in vegetables) and protein levels in the digestive tract can inhibit the optimal absorption of magnesium. Recommendations are Magnesium is to be taken on an empty stomach to achieve maximum absorption.
MagCitra® tablets may be beneficial to:
- Individuals who wish to support their immune system
- Individuals with diminished nerve and muscle functionality
- Woman during menstruation or during menopause
- Individuals wishing to maintain strong bones, teeth and muscles
What are MagCitra® Tablets for?
- Assisting in nervous system and immune system health
- Contributing to normal nerve and muscle function
- Menopausal balance
- The strength and health of bones, teeth and muscles
Recommended Daily Intake of MagCitra® Tablets:
Adults and children over 12 years of age, two tablets daily, preferably on an empty stomach. Adults can increase up to three tablets daily if required. Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person. Individuals with a sensitive digestive system may be advised to take this product with food.
MagCitra® Tablets are:
- Free from added sugar or salt
- Free from yeast, gluten, soya, dairy
- Free from artificial colours, preservatives, and flavourings
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. All and any changes to your diet and supplement regime should first be cleared with your personal medical professional. This description should not be taken as medical advice; a doctor should be consulted for any medical issues.